Thursday 22 November 2012

Communication

 
Image : Rhossili Bay, Gower, South Wales
 
I think I'm quite old fashioned when it comes to communication. I prefer to use the phone, send a mail...not sure about social media....it's nice to keep in touch with some people I don't often see but I'm afraid the constant stream of news from 700 people plus adverts just goes over my head a lot of the time.

I once created an art piece where I designed and wrote a series of postcards to the late French philosopher Jacques Derrida. He himself never read any of them but a lot of other people read them when they wee exhibited. There was a certain irony as he himself made a comment about a postcard being addressed to one person but having the possibility to be seen by anyone...the sender has no way of knowing if the addressee has ever seen it...so it is with modern communication unless of course there is a reply. Interesting subject area......

No comments: